Rumors doing the rounds
According to recent rumors on Reddit, the game's next edition, 40K 10th Edition, may be closer than expected. Rumors had been mostly absent during the 8th Edition, but they have resurfaced in force since the beginning of 2022. While these rumors should be taken with a grain of salt, they may be useful as a reference point for later rumors and actual releases.
Space Marines 2.0 codex in 2023
– adds jump assault infantry in a shadowspear style release with World Eaters
– “primaris” terminators held back for 10th edition
10th Ed starters feature Blood Angels and Tyranids:
– new “primaris” terminators; jump death company; captain; sanguinary priest
– broodlord, new genestealers, macrofex, hypergants, zoanthrope HQ
Blood Angels faction release:
– Sanguinor (Primarch / avatar of sanguinius), lots of cherubs
– Dante (model has been ready since 2019)
– Death Company chaplain
– Furioso Redemptor
– Sanguinary guard
– Upgrade sprue
– Old One Eye (macrofex size)
– Hypergant swarms (105mm base)
– New genestealers
– New hormaguants
It will definitely be interesting to see how the rules are reset in the upcoming 10th edition of Warhammer 40k. With the recent changes to the codexes and the introduction of new factions like the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Drukhari, it's clear that Games Workshop is not afraid to shake things up and introduce new mechanics and strategies to the game.
Fans can expect to see changes in army composition, point values, and special rules. It's also possible that there will be adjustments to the core mechanics of the game, such as how psychic powers and morale work. It's hard to say for sure what will happen, but it's safe to say that the new edition will bring some exciting changes to the tabletop.
It's important to note that these rumors are just that - rumors. They may or may not be accurate, and plans can change at any time. It's best to take them with a grain of salt and wait for official announcements from Games Workshop. However, it's always fun to speculate and see what could be in store for the future of the game!
June 24th - seems to be the date everyone is talking about.